Sister Power Activate is a Twine game about sisterhood and superheroes.
My friend Katie Welka and I made it at the iamagamer jam in Mountain View, California, in early July.
Here are some things you should know about the game;
- it has two endings. Also, you cannot “fail” out of the game, so don’t worry about that stuff.
- The game tracks several variables! Your decisions throughout the game will contribute to the final ending!
- It has sound! Sounds were provided by Philip Foster.
- THE SOUND WILL BREAK IF YOU NAVIGATE BACKWARDS DURING THE STORY!*
- We wrote this whole thing in 48 hours! it has 255 passages and 16,189 words! THAT’S INSANE!
No other game jam I’ve been to has required me to type so many words so quickly.
Immediately after finishing the iamagamer jam, I went home and started writing the first parts of my other story Swan Hill, which is why it took me so long to get off my ass and fix the sound cues in this game. I feel very bad about that. The version on the iamagamer website is identical to this one, except for those sound cues, which this new version uses more effectively.
* Do not do this! DEFINITELY do not do this and then tell me the game is “broken”! No, it is YOU who are broken, cheater!