… and which I am also actively reading:
(Click names for relevant and vaguely-relevant news articles and background information)
The Private Eye (Online purchase only)
The Walking Dead
“Hey, Laura! How can I tell if my comic book is about muscles?”
- Does the comic include a close-up of someone’s muscles?
- Are the biggest conflicts in the story purely physical ones?
- Would the average reader be aware of any character development (without outside/long-term canonical knowledge of the characters)?
- Are the characters wearing nonsensical outfits suitable primarily for showing off their muscles?
- Does the story use action or gratuitous pictures of muscles to cover plot holes?
- When you finish reading the comic and put it down on the table, are you thinking about the characters, or about the characters’ muscles?